
In just a few short weeks my South Africa adventure begins! I leave September 7th at 6:00 am and arrive in Johannesburg, SA Sept. 8th! In case you don't feel like doing the math, thats over 24 hours of traveling. Awesome! I have no idea what all I am taking but it has to fit in one bag that will be checked and can not weigh more than 44 pounds and one carry on sized bag. For those of you who have ever traveled with me, you understand how problematic this weight limit could potentially be for me. So if you have any packing tips, let me know. Anyways, we will be in Johannesburg for two days doing touristy things and such and from there we fly to Durban. Once in Durban we are driving to Pietermaritzburg, which will be our new home for a good chunk of the semester. (This is where we will be taking classes and also where we will live during service sites, we will be there the majority of the time). The last two weeks of the semester are spent traveling down the coast, with the last stop being in Cape Town. As of now, I know very little about Africa so I have lots of learning to do over the next couple weeks. I plan on reading lots of books and watching lots of shows about Africa on the history channel (that channel is so great!). I hope to keep this updated so family and friends can see what I am up to over the course of the coming semester. If you have Skype: add me. If you do not have Skype: get it. I will not have a phone so Skype will be used quite alot! It is going to be such an awesome few months and I am so blessed that I have the opportunity to partake in this experience! I am so very excited but also slightly nervous for this new adventure. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me and our group over the course of these next few months! Hello South Africa!!! :]

For whom it may concern, here is my address while I am in Pietermaritzburg:
African Enterprise Center
Attn: API Janelle Yoder
1 Nonsuch Road
Pietermaritzburg 3201
3200 KZN
South Africa
I'm excited to follow your blog Jan!
ReplyDelete